Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Travel Day...Take 2!

Travel Day...Take 2!

     First off, a huge thank you to everyone who has supported Mission Alaska from the beginning, and to everyone who made this incredible opportunity possible. This experience has already taught me so much. My trust in God has strengthened greatly, and through the flight delays, I have learned to trust in God's timing, in everything I do.

     I have no doubt that the next four days will change our lives, and by His grace we will be able to do the same for the people of Anchorage. Please continue to pray that God will use us and work through us to accomplish His will, and that we will be effective messengers of the love that He has given them.

-Staci


PART B

After our first full day in Alaska, I am still amazed at this beautiful state. I feel like I could stare at this scenery forever! There are mountains everywhere you turn, and the snow makes it even more picturesque.

 This morning, we split up, and me and several others went to a small, local food bank to volunteer. They started me off filling sacks with Pinto beans, but I ended up having the opportunity to take customers through the line to help them pick out their food. After each person received their share of food, I asked them if it was alright if I prayed for them. Most seemed shocked at the idea of this redheaded stranger from East Texas caring for them to that extent, but none refused the offer.

One of the last people I took through the line was an older woman named Catherine. After helping her get her food, I asked her if she minded the prayer, and like several before her, she said she didn't. I took her hands and asked God to bless her, and to never let her forget His unending love for her. After I ended the prayer, I looked up to see tears streaming down her face. She ran and wrapped me in the tightest hug I've had in a long time, exclaiming the awesomeness of our Creator.

I realized then why God put me in that food bank. When I heard Catherine praising the name of our Heavenly Father, I knew what He intended for me to accomplish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment