Wednesday, March 13, 2013

God's Plans are Perfect Plans

God’s Plans Are Perfect Plans


“In their hearts humans plan their course, But the Lord directs their steps”
Proverbs 16:9

Saturday was a crazy day, we all woke up planning on being in Alaska by the end of the night only to find out that our flight was cancelled and that we would spend a full day just hanging out in an airport and being exhausted. We planned on getting to spend 6 full days in Alaska but found out we would only get to spend 4. We had been planning for months for this trip and I had been looking forward to coming to Alaska more than anything this year.

In life we plan out everything; our day to day lives, where we want to go to college, what we want to do when we grow up, what we want to spend our lives doing. I grew up planning on going to Texas A&M University, studying kinesiology and becoming a state champion head football coach, I had all sorts of plans for my life. My sophomore year of high school I knew I was called to the ministry to lead worship and to serve others on mission. I knew this was what God wanted me to do but I shoved that aside for what I wanted for myself. It took me until my sophomore year of college to realize that what I wanted was insignificant towards the kingdom of God. I realized that my life had more meaning to it than to call football plays and make kids condition until I got tired. Surrendering to the ministry and committing my life to serving people and sharing the love of Christ was by far the most rewarding decision I have ever made.

Saturday in the airport I was reminded that as much as I had planned and as much as I had wanted to go to Alaska, that God had different timing in mind than I had. I realized that I had to continue to be faithful to God’s will and that I had to accept that what He wanted was more important than what I wanted.

We have been in Alaska for less than 24 hours and the super long and drawn out process of getting here has left my mind and has been filled with images of God’s beautiful creation and I am completely in love with Alaska. Continue to pray for us that we continue to be reminded of God’s faithfulness, God’s awesome power, and God’s great love for us!

-Michael Pittman

No comments:

Post a Comment