Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Travel Day...Again

Travel Day......Again.

Wow! The past few days have been a whirlwind. It all started early Saturday morning when I noticed that my phone showed that our flight to Denver had been canceled due to large snow storm. This happens when you fly enough, but when traveling with a group 25 it makes finding another flight very interesting. We sat at DFW airport for 8 hours waiting on them to find us an alternate route to get to Anchorage. Every time we thought we found an option the door would be slammed closed. It was very discouraging because these students have raised all the support for this trip. It seemed the Lord has honored every step of this trip until now. At the end of the day we had to settle for an early Tuesday departure for Alaska. This would cost us two days of mission work. As we returned home I prayed that the Lord would show us a glimpse of His plan. The next day I woke up and again got on the phone with the travel agent working on possible plans of getting us to Alaska sooner. It took around 4 hours, but we found a flight that was leaving today(Monday) at 5:30 out of Houston. We grabbed it all the while curious about the plan the Lord has for this trip. Then it hit me......Abide in me. In John 8:31, Jesus says, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples”. Jesus never tells us we will understand his plan, and certainly never ask us to help Him plan it. He calls us to Abide, to surrender to Him. So, as I am at 30,000 feet I am praising Him in this truth. I’m not sure what this trip holds, but I will Abide in Him every step. More to come! Pray that we walk in His truth during the days to come.

Kris Shustella

No comments:

Post a Comment